An Internet Marketing Business Plan – Your Essential Tool to Ensure Success on the Internet
Article by Brenda Cooper
Most people new to marketing have little idea how internet marketing works. This means they won’t know how to draw up the right kind of internet marketing business plan. This is partly due to the fact that many internet marketers perpetuate the mystery of internet marketing by saying it is complicated and only suitable for the experts.
The World Wide Web is an amazing invention thanks to Tim Berners-Lee, with millions of people using the www on a daily basis. There would be many more successful online marketers if they only understood that online marketing is not rocket science.
Anybody can learn how to successfully market any product online, providing they have been taught the correct way. That is the secret. If not done properly online marketing can become a very expensive mistake.
If you have a good product or business idea it is not necessary to spend a fortune to promote your product on the net. There is a lot you can do without spending a penny.
Let us start with the free internet training.
There are many free internet training courses available. Some free courses lack useful content, whilst other free courses give new internet marketers an excellent training. Do your homework and check out all the available courses. Sign up with a good internet trainer and start to learn about the unique and fascinating world of internet marketing.
After you have completed a free internet training marketing course you will have a better understanding of what is involved in marketing online. You will now be ready to draw on your recent training to adapt your all important business plan to your new internet business.
How to draw up a good Internet Marketing Business Plan.
Your internet marketing business plan will be one of your most valuable guides whilst you build your new online business. Pay attention to the following checklist to help you to put together a sound internet marketing business plan:
1. What is going to be your call to action? What do you want your prospective customer to do? e.g. Respond to your emails?
2. What will be your unique selling point? What do you offer that nobody else offers?
3. What is your target market? e.g. Warcraft enthusiasts.
4. What marketing tactics will you use? e.g. Article marketing.
5. What will be your niche category? What thought will first come to mind when people see your product? e.g. 60’s music downloads.
6. How will you portray yourself on a personal level? It is important that your target market can find information on you and what makes you tick.
7. What is your marketing budget? As I said earlier, you do not need a huge budget to start out on the internet. You can start out on a small scale using free marketing methods.
8. Amend your internet marketing business plan if necessary. Your plan is not carved in stone. It should be tweaked and adapted as your online business develops.
9. Put together a new internet marketing business plan whenever you introduce a new product to your portfolio.
Keep your business plan on hand and look at it regularly. There will be times when your thoughts and activities may wander off at a tangent because there is so much competing for your attention on the net. By reviewing your internet marketing business plan you will find it an invaluable tool to help steer you back on course towards building your successful internet business.
Finally, the internet is constantly evolving so it is vital you keep up with the exciting developments in technology and techniques. Make sure you possess a sound knowledge base, are well trained and receive good support. Neglecting your skills and personal development will prove devastating for you and your online business.
About the Author
Brenda Cooper is a busy mother, grandmother and wife. Happily married to Owen, they mentor other people and help them to make positive life style changes and achieve financial independence.