Web Design and Web Development – 6 Simple Ways to Build a Great Website!
How? Here it is…
1. Invent your concept and ideas. Picture what you want your potential website to be. What target market will you aim for? Everything you do has to result to their satisfaction. They will be calling by to get what they want. Make sure that there needs are satisfied and they keep coming back for more. Not only that, they will advise others to visit your website if they think it’s of importance.
2. Search for a host. Using a host really is inexpensive. You can get one for for two years. And yet, if you want to do this completely free, there are numerous sites that are hosting for free. The one catch is that the hosting company requires that you place their banner on your site. This is a great deal, isn’t it?
3. Start with your first page. Do the layout and design for your first page. It will be much easier for you if you have the basic knowledge in HTML. Though there are many of What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors, but creating a website using HTML, your site will be greatly better. There are plenty of tutorials available on the internet. Use these to your full advantage and utilize the knowledge towards your website.
4. Edit your page. Look at the loading and the navigation. Are they up to scratch? What about the web design, is it appealing to look at? Are the fonts comprehensible? Is the content accommodating? Are there mistakes in grammar and spelling? You need to proof read at least three times. These might be small details but they make up the whole website. Be very cautious in dealing with them. If you need to redo the page then do it. It’s disastrous if you are presenting rubbish.
5. Proceed to do the remaining of the pages. The aim is to catch the attention of the visitors, keep them and acquire more. Correct, proofread and correct more. It will pay off to have it all in order. Never compromise on the quality of your website. It represents your company and you. It’s your vehicle to attracting new business and making great profits.
6. Upload the pages to your host. Once you are finished with the editing, you can upload you pages to your host. Wait for it to be revealed on the internet. You do need to update your pages frequently. It need to be updated so you don’t lose your audience. Or else, prospects will go on and search for another website that will fulfil their requirements. Do you want this to happen? I’m guessing not.
You may not realize it but your site is already done. That was as easy as your ABC’s!
Ruby Jones is a Webmaster specialist at Neubreed Web Design, one of the leading web design and web development digital agencies in Sydney, Australia offering quality website design, web development and SEO services.