www.twiwebdesign.com This Week in Web Design helps you accelerate your Web Design career by teaching you the Creative, Business, Technology and Marketing secrets from our expert hosts and guests. Our Sponsors app.chrometa.com www.godaddy.com Use Code Web40 Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 2:30 PM PST or 5:30 EST at: www.justin.tv How do I sell my web design services? Jose and Aure answer the question: “How do I sell my web design services?” They share and discuss how they approach sales and Jose will share his secrets to closing a sale. 1. What is the basic sales process? 2. How do I attract clients? 3. How do I close a sale? Resources from this episode: Books: How to Win Friends and Influence People. www.amazon.com Secrets of Closing the Sale www.audible.com Pricing Guidelines: To Learn Basics: www.lynda.com teamtreehouse.com Join the Producers Program: www.twiwebdesign.net Follow TWiWebdesign on Twitter twitter.com Follow Jose on Twitter: twitter.com Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com
White Space is Not Your Enemy: A Beginner’s Guide to Communicating Visually through Graphic, Web and Multimedia Design
Designing a brochure or web site without an art background? Step away from the computer and read this breezy introduction to visual communications first. Written for non-designers, White Space is Not Your Enemy is a practical graphic design and layout text introducing the concepts and practices necessary for producing effective visual communications across a variety of formats, from print to Web.
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book covers the basics to help you develop your eye and produce attractive work. Topics include:
* The basics of effective design that communicates its intended message
* Pre-design planning
* 13 Layout Sins to avoid
* Basic typography
* Working with color
* Storyboarding for video, Web, and presentions
* Information graphics
* Mini Art School–all the basics in one chapter
* Outputting your work
* Finally–the basics of layout, design, and visual communication for print and web in one easy-to-digest book!
* “Try This” sections in each chapter include fun, hands-on activities to develop skills.
* The companion web site includes text and photo support material; video clips that put the principles in practice; interactive multimedia components; and links.